By San Diego Events Company Intern Rojin Vafaeian
OMG! He just popped the question! You are filled with countless emotions along with a bit of stress but don’t worry, here are the six next steps you should take after engagement:
- 1.Make The Calls! –Before you start posting on social media or changing your Facebook status, make sure you personally call your family and close friends to share the exciting news! Trust me, they would way rather hear it from you than read it online.
- 2. Guest List! – Figuring out your guest list before you visit a wedding planner will help them when it comes to tailoring the perfect wedding for you! Don’t stress, you don’t have to figure out the exact number yet but having an estimate will greatly help your future wedding planner.
- 3. Hire a Wedding Planner! –I know you might be thinking you can handle your wedding on your own but a little extra help will only make your special day more enjoyable. Hiring a wedding planner is an absolute must! Not only will they be responsible for the flawless execution of your wedding, but they will also help create budget sheets, find the perfect place to celebrate your big day, and take care of the little things you shouldn’t have to stress about. They can even help you early on when it comes to planning your pre-wedding festivities!
- 4. Think about your Bridal Party! – This will no doubt be a hard decision, picking your favorite people to stand by your side on the big day. Keep in mind that it is your day and you both should feel free to honor your VIPs in creative ways. If you are the Bride and you have a male best friend, include him on your side!
- 5. Get Your Ring Sized and Insured! –Nothing has more sentimental value than your engagement ring. It’s a symbol of your marriage and in order to protect it, you should get your ring sized and insured right away.
- 6. Pamper Up and Relax! – You deserve be treated to a day at the spa with your bridesmaids! Make sure you get a manicure while you are there because everyone is going to want to see the beautiful new addition to your ring finger. Let your wedding planner alleviate any stress that comes with a wedding and sit back and relax!
Congrats on experiencing one of the most special days in your life and good luck on the amazing road you have ahead of you!